SIDIM 2011 at Place Bon Aventure

5.28.2011 | |

So I went to the SIDIM show here in Montreal. The design show that celebrates all things interior and then some. It really was interesting, I saw a few things that were new to me as well as some classics.


One of those newer to me things is this Bloom Chair by Kenneth Cobonpue. I find it quite a mesmerizing sculptural piece, like a fine flower. I was with a classmate and it turns out timing really is everything as we were at the booth right when the designer was coming in with another piece so we got to meet with him and chat for just a moment. Kenneth is from the Phillipines and most of his work is manufactured there as part of a family business. He studied Industrial Desin in New York at the Pratt Institute and his work has won many awards. More of his very innovative pieces can be seen at his website, Kenneth Cobonpue.

0 comments: