Tweed, Harris Tweed.

5.20.2011 | |


So it's been a week that I have been off school officially and my brain doesn't know what to do with itself!

The other night I had a dream about meeting a man named Harris Tweed and I decided in the morning to do some research into the trademarked textile and see what is new from the Hebrides.

I found there are few sites that are selling the yardage and softgoods which was promising. The age-old textile is still made the traditional way by weavers and there are something like 8,000 patterns available!

Here are some links.
Harris Tweed Textiles (place holder only, keep watching this one!)
Harris Tweed Hebrides (Photo above from here)
Harris Tweed Scotland

I am seriously considering taking on a Harris Tweed North American Headquarters a project. Can you say "Office Design" anyone???

0 comments: